As a commercial building owner, you have several maintenance concerns to which you must attend. From electricity to heating and everything in between, issues with just about everything seem to arise routinely. However, adequate maintenance and attentive problem solving will alleviate any severe issues. That’s why we at NIR Plumbing encourage that proper maintenance be applied to your building’s piping system. In this article, we’ll discuss our best tips for keeping your pipes in tip-top shape for years to come. With these, you’ll save money, require fewer invasive fixes, and enjoy long-lasting pipes.
7 Essential Maintenance Tips to Prevent Commercial Building Plumbing Issues:
- Attend to even the smallest plumbing issues. A minor leak may seem insignificant. However, over time, this will largely increase your water bill. Pay attention and address these with urgency before they grow into a bigger and more costly problem.
- Keep an eye on blocked drains. Once again, at first, these may seem like a small problem. However, with time, they can turn into a messy overflow situation– something you’ll want to be sure to avoid. Prevent clogged drains by discouraging people in your building from putting things like coffee grounds, grease, paper, food leftovers, and similar items down the drain.
- Be mindful of what gets flushed. Only human waste and toilet paper should be flushed to ensure well-functioning pipes. This is only accomplished, however, by a team effort and may be difficult to enforce throughout your entire building. Educate your employees and tenants on what can and cannot be flushed. You may even consider posting signs in your bathrooms as a reminder.
- In the case of an emergency, be sure that you know where your building’s shut-off valves are located. If a toilet suddenly overflows or a pipe bursts, this major issue can be alleviated with immediate action to turn off your water.
- Prevent your pipes from freezing. You may scoff at the idea of your pipes freezing here in Southern California. However, there is still a chance for such an occasion, especially if you live in higher elevations. So, be proactive in your pipe care with proper insulation of your pipes. This could prevent the serious issue of your pipes bursting in freezing weather.
- Repipe your building when necessary. With upgraded pipes, your building will be made safer and less prone to problems. This is particularly necessary to consider if you manage an older building with its original piping.
- Make sure to have a reliable plumber in your corner. Knowing who to call with confidence in their expertise, when an issue comes up, is imperative to the wellbeing of your facility. With a quality plumber, your building and its piping will be in good hands for years to come.
Call on us at NIR plumbing for your piping problems, large and small. We are prepared to meet the needs of your building with expertise and superior customer service. Reach out today!