Ways to Watch your Water usage and Maintain your Pipes
Running a restaurant is no small feat. You practice hospitality, recipe perfection, and staff delegation, all at once. So, it is necessary that your Pipes are Working on pace with your demands. To ensure proper pipe function and efficient water usage, take note of these easily implemented practices at your restaurant. These simple steps will help you save money and increase the longevity of your pipes.
- For your faucet: Repair even the smallest of leaks. These, over several days, weeks or even months, can waste a significant amount of water when unattended. And for your water use efficiency, consider installing a low-flow aerator that will reduce your sink’s water flow rate from about 2.2 gallons every minute to .5. With these, you can save about $100 a year per sink.
- Water Brooms: This effective cleaning method is faster and more efficient than a traditional garden hose nozzle. A garden hose nozzle uses about seven gallons of water per minute while a water broom uses only two.
- Water Filtering System: Filter the high levels of chloramine found in water that can harm kitchen equipment, especially that which contains stainless steel. Protect your pipes, sinks, and equipment with this simple addition.
- Grease Traps: These are important for all sinks. While they are a clear necessity for some, they can be of good service to any kitchen sink in preventing small traces of grease from reaching your pipes.
- In the bathroom: Make sure to provide small trash cans in each stall for disposable items. This will defer guests from throwing their pipe-unfriendly trash into your toilets.
- Regular check-up’s: It is beneficial to assess your plumbing system routinely. Look for any signs of damage and address them with urgency.
Some faulty pipes should never hinder your culinary and hospitality genius. Be aware of potential piping issues and methods of water conservation. And when things go wrong, do not hesitate to give us a call!